Salt Lake City, Utah
WELCOME TO SALT LAKE CITY
With the population of 1,153,340, Salt Lake City is the capital and the most populous city in the state of Utah. The city was originally setup by the “The church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints” and the city’s street grid system is based on the temple constructed by the church at its centre.
WHERE TO GO IN SALT LAKE CITY
- BIG COTTONWOOD CAHYON: If you are in the Salt Lake area, big cotton wood canyon is a great place to hike and camp. There are both tough and easy hikes with occasional view of moose and mule deer.
- NATIONAL HISTORY MUSEUM OF VTAH: A great museum for kids of all ages and exhibits are well laid out and informative. Very impressive collection of dinosaur bones artefacts and learning tools.
- RED BUTTE GARDEN: Many programme-like concerts, educational function and wedding are done here because of the great hike and nice view of garden.
- LSD CONFERENCE CENTRE: There are Huge and Amazing buildings with garden on the roofs. They have one pipe organ which has about 7700 pipes.
- THE TABERNACLE: The Salt Lake ‘later day saints’ Tabernacle is one of the most unique structures in western state. The tour is guided by missionaries and they will give you on insight of this beautifully decorated.
WHERE TO EAT
- LO HAVEN: Log Haven is people’s favourite since last few decades because of their lovely locating among mountains and the service as well as food is excellent.
- BAMBARA: Bambara is another favourite place of people because their food, service and atmosphere are impeccable. Their Scottish salmon is best- seller.
- THE PARK CAFÉ: It is fun, family restaurant with indoor n outdoor seating in a lovely location. The main attraction is their location which is right across the liberty park.
- R&R BBQ: This is one of the best barbeques in the Utah with their best- seller chopped brisket sandwich and pulled chicken sandwich.